West Leake -Past and Present part Three When a Nightingale Sang in West Leake
WEST LEAKE Past and Present, Part Two- Ten Years On.
More Photographs came to light after the previous book, and it is interesting to reflect on life during the past ten years.
Compiled by David E. Clark
Supported by the West Leake Parish Meeting
Format A5 52 pages
- Back and Front Cover 1901 map of West Leake with inset picture of Church.
- New Stained Glass window in St. Helena’s Church 2006
- Norman window on the North side of the Church
- War Time Special Constables
- The original public house sign, ‘The Basket’
- Map by East Leake and District showing possible medieval sites.
- Cottages on The Green, before and after the fire 1953
- Mrs Boothway (Sarah Mills) with daughter outside The Basket 1902
- The Post Office 1910
- Manor Staff 1915
- Part of the Main Street. 1915
- many pictures of local people
£6.50p inc uk p&p